Tuesday, July 11, 2006

On a lighter note...

Check out these links. You won't regret it.

Conan. is. the. bomb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi4-1d9DB9Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bLeVKGSJWE&mode=related&search=

The fact that that's Stuy's graduation (up in NY) reminds me of the time I was accused of potentially preying on high school females from Stuy when I studied abroad in Spain for a month. To make a long story short, there were high schoolers and college students in the same program I was in for a month. We all traveled together, and when we arrived in Barcelona for our last week in Spain, we were told to go to the hotel front desk to pick up our room keys. Rooms were to be with someone your age of the same gender. I happened to be near the front. I got my key, dropped off my bag in my room, and promptly left with some other college students to get dinner and check out the town. We returned at approximately 1 a.m. The high school chaperone was sitting at my door. I walked up to said door. She commenced screaming at me and calling me a sexual predator. I, confused, turned to my friend and asked what was going on. She continued screaming. After four minutes or so, she started to run out of stamina (though her threats had turned to the more ominous "I'm pressing charges" variety), so I slipped in a question.

"Would you please tell me why I'm a suggested sexual predator?"
"YOU'RE IN THE SAME ROOM AS MY HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS!!!"
"But I didn't know."
"YEAH RIGHT. ALL YOU COLLEGE GUYS WANT TO DO IS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUNG GIRLS!"
(Me, thinking she's carrying a wound from her past due to the ridiculous generalization) "Please calm down. I had no idea there were females in this room. I simply dropped off my bags and left."
"NOT SO QUICK YOUNG MAN. YOU CAN'T GET OFF THAT EASILY."
(Me, ears blown out from the decibels her voice was reaching)
"Look, I'll get my clothes, etc out of the room and stay with my friend on his floor tonight, and we'll get this figured out in the morning."
"NO WE WON'T!" (She gets my chaperone up and screams at him)...

You get the point. I won't hit this all blow by blow, but she soon stopped breathing ominous threats against me (though I'm not sure if this changed her opinion of college guys), and things settled down. Wouldn't that have been fun! Tossed in the slammer for doin' nuttin! That's shades of Rubin Carter, right there.

Looks like God was taking care of me before I was acknowledging him with my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home