Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Incredible.


I happened upon a random person's myspace blog I don't know directly, and saw something incredible today. I'll share the beginning with you, and you can click the link to get the rest...it's a little long. Called "Vision"

From: Red Moon Rising: How 24/7 Prayer is Awakening a Generation
-By: Peter Grieg, David Roberts

So this guy comes up to me and says, "What's the vision? What's the big idea?" I open my mouth and words come out like this...

The vision?

The vision is JESUS—obsessively, dangerously, undeniably Jesus.

The vision is an army of young people.

You see bones? I see an army. And they are FREE from materialism.

They laugh at 9-5 little prisons.

They could eat caviar on Monday and crusts on Tuesday.

They wouldn't even notice.

They know the meaning of the Matrix, the way the west was won.

They are mobile like the wind; they belong to the nations. They need no passport... People write their addresses in pencil and wonder at their strange existence.

They are free yet they are slaves of the hurting and dirty and dying.

What is the vision?

The vision is holiness that hurts the eyes. It makes children laugh and adults angry. It gave up the game of minimum integrity long ago to reach for the stars. It scorns the good and strains for the best. It is dangerously pure.

Light flickers from every secret motive, every private conversation.

Link here

And if you don't have a myspace account, I copied the words into a link here.

Though some of these proclamations are a bit too simplistic (read: "it will come easily, it will come soon"), what a tremendous vision to have! I'm so sick and tired of just thinking the only way I can affect the world around me is with what I say or write...things others can see, hear, taste, touch, feel. I carry tremendous potential spiritually built-in at my creation for much more than that...and if I can catch that vision, discipline myself to live into it consistently, and find a group of folks to link up with that desire together...who knows? Honestly, who knows what could happen.

The problem here exists in placing before Christfollowers the vision (the ideal) without taking practical steps to seek to live into that ideal (cold, hard, sometimes painful daily reality). I especially like the comment "It gave up the game of minimum integrity long ago to reach for the stars"...echoes of John Howard Yoder there that the commands and teaching of Jesus were not the maximum level of faithfulness...reserved only for a special class of super-Christians...but were the minimum floor of faithfulness commanded by God for ALL followers. Proper goal-setting is what this is all about.

No messin' around here...that takes transformation! Sho' nuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home